So the year is coming to an end. Hope this recipe finds its way to the your table this holiday season. The delicious cranberries and pomegranates add a pop of color and favor that you can’t deny is welcomed. Hope you all have a great holiday season and please enjoy!
Pork Loin with Cranberry Root Vegetable Medley
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 Rating
- 4lb. Pork Loin
- 1 Golden Beet
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1 Shallot
- 1 Pomegranate
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 1 cup Cranberries
- 1 TBSP Parsley
- 1 TBSP Rosemary
- 1 TBSP Thyme
- 1 TBSP Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 TBSP Salt
- 1 TBSP Granulated Garlic
- Preheat caste iron skillet almost until it is smoking. Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
- Season Pork Roast on both sides with black pepper, salt and granulated garlic. Once seasoned, place skin side down into skillet. You should hear a nice sizzle. Once pork is brown, place in oven to cook for 30 minutes. At the 30 minute mark, we will add veggies and cranberries to the same skillet.
- While pork is in the oven, heat up second pan on medium heat to sauté the veggies. Quarter the beets, onion and shallots. Then dice up garlics, parsley, rosemary and thyme. Once pan is hot, melt butter. Then add vegetables to pan to get them coated and cooking. Season veggies with salt and pepper, parsley, rosemary and thyme.
- Check on Pork frequently to make sure it does not burn, just browning.
- After a few minutes, add cranberries and continue to cook for 4 more minutes. About this time, pork should be getting close to the 30 minute mark. Check it.
- If ready, take out and add the veggies to caste iron skillet. Evenly place around the meat. Put back in oven for 15 minutes.
- Once done, now it is time for the presentation. Take everything out of skillet and plate nicely with veggies surrounding the pork. Add some pomegranate if you like, with a few edible flowers to add some color. Cut the meat and watch everyone enjoy!
The Host and Executive Producer, Steven Brooks, knows foods. With over 10 years experience as an Executive Chef for various local restaurants and Country Clubs in Northwest Arkansas, he has ...Read more about this chef..