Holy Shitake! Here are two wonderful recipes in one video. We have our main dish that includes a delicious Bansleys Berkshire Ridge Farm pork chops, Sweden Creek shitake mushrooms, peppers, heavy whipping cream and white wine. Then a side dish with bacon and fresh radishes from our very own Cook with Brooks garden. One of our favorites, so give it a try.
Pepper Pork Chop au poivre
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 Rating
- 2 12 oz. pork chop from Bansley Berkshire Ridge
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 lb. of Shitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1/2 or 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- dusting of garlic, paprika, salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Season pork with salt, pepper, garlic and paprika. Place seasoned side down into hot butter to season both sides. Flip once and reduce heat to low until you get a nice sear. After a couple minutes, place in pan that will go in the oven for 12 minutes.
- In the leftover butter in skillet, add shallot, bell peppers, and shitake mushrooms. Stir frequently. Add white wine to deglaze pan. Season with salt and pepper while it reduces by half. Then add heavy whipping cream. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pull out the pork chops from the oven. Place on plate with peppers and mushrooms on top. Delicious!
The Host and Executive Producer, Steven Brooks, knows foods. With over 10 years experience as an Executive Chef for various local restaurants and Country Clubs in Northwest Arkansas, he has ...Read more about this chef..