During the 2016 Fayetteville Roots Festival, Chef Brooks had the opportunity to show what he can do during a demo at the Cooking Stage on the Fayetteville Town Center. After judging the Chef Cook-off, he made a trip around the Fayetteville Farmers Market to get supplies for his dish: Lamb chops and a neat pear-herb medley! Watch our show on AETNs ‘Cook with Brooks‘ page to see the full episode.
Lamb Chop Summer Medley
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 Rating
- 4 lamb chops
- 2 tbsp salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 pears - sliced in half moons
- 6 baby yellow squash - cut in half, lengthwise
- 1 yellow onion - cut into big chucks
- 4 baby eggplants - halved
- 1 bunch of arugula
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 garlic clove - diced
- Preheat 1/2 stick of butter in large skillet on medium heat. Season lamb chop on all sides with salt, granulated garlic, paprika, and chili powder. Place in skillet and cook on all sides for about 4 minutes each or until internally °120, medium rare.
- In an second skillet while lamb is cooking, heat other half of butter over medium heat. First add garlic, rosemary, thyme, onion, yellow squash, eggplant and pears. Season with dusting of salt and pepper. Toss together, until softened, about 4 minutes. Then add the arugula last until it wilts.
- Plate however you want with lamb chop in middle surrounded by the summer medley.
The Host and Executive Producer, Steven Brooks, knows foods. With over 10 years experience as an Executive Chef for various local restaurants and Country Clubs in Northwest Arkansas, he has ...Read more about this chef..