Kale is so versatile and it is easy to grow compared to a lot of leafy vegetables in the Ozarks. You can grow it throughout the year. In our episode, ‘Hail to Kale’, you learn how people grow it, juice it, and eat it. Enjoy this Frittata recipe the whole family will enjoy! WATCH the full episode now.
Kale and Bacon Frittata
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 Rating
- 1 tsp bacon grease
- 1 small uncooked shallot, chopped
- 6 cups uncooked kale, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 2 slices uncooked bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cups crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat broiler. In an oven-safe skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add bacon. Stirring frequently, until crisp, about 5-7 minutes; place bacon on paper towels and set aside. Keep grease in pan to add flavor.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add shallot. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 2-3 minutes; add a few handfuls of kale, tossing with tongs and adding more as it cooks down, until kale is tender, 3-5 minutes. (If skillet seems dry while kale is cooking, add a splash of water.)
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, bacon, cheese and salt; pour over kale mixture. Stir to evenly distribute ingredients; cook undisturbed until set, about 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven; broil until browned, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Call the family and tell them it is ready. Easy to plate for 4 servings.
The Host and Executive Producer, Steven Brooks, knows foods. With over 10 years experience as an Executive Chef for various local restaurants and Country Clubs in Northwest Arkansas, he has ...Read more about this chef..