Watch our Season 1 Episode 3 of Cook with Brooks to see how to make this delicious dish. After a visit to Vanzant Fruit Farm, Chef Brooks came back to the kitchen and created this one-pot dinner with a few Black Apples. Try making this delicious and healthy recipe next time you find yourself hungry for something local.
Honey-Mustard Chicken and Apples
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 2 Rating
- 2 skin-on, bone-in chicken legs and thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut into large chunks
- 2 cooking apples, cut into chunks
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over med high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken skin side down for 3 minutes, then flip. You just want to get the skin crispy.
- Next, remove chicken onto plate, but use the juices in skillet to start cooking onions and apples. Add onions and apples and simmer a couple minutes. Add honey, mustard and half of chicken stock. Now, place chicken back in to skillet to finish cooking. Chop parsley and sprinkle on top while it cooks down.
- After about 10 minutes or 165° inner temperature on chicken, add butter, flour and the rest of the chicken stock to thicken sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Make a beautiful plate and top with the rest of the parsley. Enjoy!
The Host and Executive Producer, Steven Brooks, knows foods. With over 10 years experience as an Executive Chef for various local restaurants and Country Clubs in Northwest Arkansas, he has ...Read more about this chef..