This delicious recipe using Crystal Lake Farms Chicken will make your mouth water. The Andouille smoked sausage gives it a kick. All the peppers, onions and sauces come together perfectly on your favorite bed of rice. Make sure to try to find all your vegetables at your local farmers market this summer to make this a true Farm-to-Table meal.
Chicken, Sausage & Pepper Rice
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 Rating
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 ounces Audouille smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 pkg Crystal Lake Farms, boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 red and green bell pepper-diced
- 1 yellow or red onion-diced
- 1 tomatoes-diced
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice (not instant)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat, until hot. Add oil and tilt pot to coat bottom. At the same time, start your water in medium sauce pan to boil your rice.
- In hot skillet, add chicken cut into 1” pieces. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add sausage until it begins to brown on edges, stirring frequently. Make sure to add rice once your water starts boiling.
- Add onions and let it cook for a 2-3 minutes. Then add the rest of the ingredients, peppers, tomatoes, Worcestershire and thyme. Increase heat to high, bring to a boil for a 2 minutes. Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and add salt and parsley, if desired. Watch your rice and cook until it is done.
- Serve chicken, Sausage & Peppers on a bed of rice and enjoy.
The Host and Executive Producer, Steven Brooks, knows foods. With over 10 years experience as an Executive Chef for various local restaurants and Country Clubs in Northwest Arkansas, he has ...Read more about this chef..