Here is the Brined Pork Chop from Season 1 Episode 2. This is cooked at the sometime as your kale and sweet potatoes. This makes a delicious local meal we can all feel good about.
Brined Pork Chop
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 Rating
- 5 lbs (7.54kg) pork chops (6 12 oz. bone in)
- 1 kg ice
- 2.50 kg water
- 360g salt
- 180g brown sugar
- 5 bay leaves
- 2.5g mustard seed
- 1.5g coriander
- 7g black peppercorn
- Pad of butter
- Boil all ingredients together for 10 minutes to make a brine. Pour over ice to chill.
- Once chilled, add Pork Chops. Brine the pork chop for 16 hour.
- Once complete Pork Chops need to be seasoned with Salt and Pepper. Sear Pork Chop in hot cast iron pan until seared golden on both sides to lock in moisture. Add a little butter after you flip first side over.
- Finish in oven at 350º for 8 minutes.
The Host and Executive Producer, Steven Brooks, knows foods. With over 10 years experience as an Executive Chef for various local restaurants and Country Clubs in Northwest Arkansas, he has ...Read more about this chef..